Friday, March 4, 2016

Feeling the Pink Love

We held momma's memorial service on a Saturday - I don't remember much more about it. I was still in the heavy, unrelenting fog of grief.  I spoke at her funeral as she requested but wasn't sure if I even made sense to anyone.
And then, the following Monday, I went back to work. I must have lost my mind! What was I thinking? I thought if I stayed in my office with the door shut, I'd be fine. But then my friend called me and said she was bringing breakfast and what did I want?  I said nothing. But she insisted.  Then she called back and wanted me to come out to the car. Really?! Can you just not let me have one morning in peace? Can you just not bother me today? But she kept at it and I finally said fine, I'd be right out.
So I walked out the door....and lost it. Because there in the back parking lot of work, were about six pink fire trucks from the Pink Heals tour.  All the friends that I had met while volunteering with them several years before.  All there to support me in my time of need, and to honor my momma.  Unbelievable, but exactly what I needed!


















No comments:

Post a Comment